Diabetic and Emu Oil
Pure Emu Oil
Emu Oil Arthritis Rub
Emu Oil Deep Rub
Emu Oil Injury Relief Liniment
Emu Oil Moisturize Soap
Emu Oil Research References
About Riverland Emu Oil Products
Emu Oil on Wikipedia
Education About Emu Oil
As for Skin Moisturizer:
Dr Alexander Zemtsov, Editor of Skin Research and Technology for Emu Today and Tomorrow found that:
• Initial testing suggests that Emu Oil has remarkable powers for moisturizing based on its ratio of C-16 to C-18 unsaturated components and the stereochemistry of the C-18 oleic moiety.
• It is able to enhance the skin’s upper layers to hold onto water, penetrate the epidermis and stimulate its rete ridges which would enhance the thickness of the dermis.
• Transforms rough dry skin to a smooth and healthy appearance. Can reverse the ravages of aging.
As for Comedogencity (Non Pore Clogging):
Dermatology Department, Occupational Dermatology Laboratory at the University of Texas Medical School at Houston in 1993 found that:
• Unlike other oils, Emu Oil does not clog up the pores of the skin or cause acne
• A more effective skin treatment that will enable the emollients to penetrate the skin’s surface and have greater impact without greasy residue, a boon for the cosmetics industry
• It is more active than water based creams that do not penetrate the skin barrier
As for burns:
“Evaluation of Emu Oil in Lubrication and Treatment of Healed Burn Wounds”, M. Penturf, PhD., RD; S. O’Banion, Rph; and J. Griswold, MD. Compiled from Research by Harner Burn Centre (affiliated with the Texas Tech University Medical Center in Lubbock) and delivered to the American Burn Association meeting on March 18~21, 1998. They found that:
• This double blind study proved Emu Oil to have superior scar reduction and healing properties with burns
As for wounds:
“Emu Oil – A Clinical Appraisal of this Natural and Long Used Product” for use on Epitherialised Wounds by Dr G H Hobday” found that:
• Emu Oil has demonstrated scar reduction and anti-inflammatory action
• Speeds up the healing process from surgery and burns by reducing inflammation, preventing scarring and soothing pain
• Reduces irritation in eczema, the scarring of keloids and has advantages in skin grafting
In summary, the above scientific researches indicate Emu Oil has the potential benefits for the following conditions:
• Arthritis and inflammation: Emu Oil substantially reduces inflammation and relieves pain
• Cardiovascular Disease: Emu Oil contains the essential fatty acids required in the diet to prevent heart disease. 70% of all fatty acids in Emu Oil are unsaturated variety. Less than 30% are polyunsaturated fats and the rest in monounsaturated fats. Emu Oil contains the Essential Fatty Acids (so called EFAs) that our body cannot produce but necessary for good health and productive system.
• Diabetes and High Cholesterol: Emu Oil contains the essential fatty acids that are consistent with the recommendations for a healthy diet.
• Severe Skin Conditions (such as eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis): Emu Oil’s anti-inflammatory properties reduce irritation and aid healing
• Burns, Scar Tissue, Keloid Tissue: Emu Oil has demonstrated scar reduction and anti-inflammatory action. Speeds up the healing process from surgery and burns by reducing inflammation, preventing scarring and soothing pain
1. Oleic Acid: Based on the research by Dr Margaret Craig-Schmidt Associate Professor of Department of Nutrition and Food Science at Auburn University Alabama USA
2. Comedogencity: Dermatology Department, Occupational Dermatology Laboratory at the University of Texas Medical School, Houston, 1993
3. Fatty Acids: Dr Craig-Schmidt and Dr Michael Wellesley Whitehouse PhD in Chemistry, University Oxford and MP Ghosh for article “Evaluation of Emu Oils for Anti-Inflammatory Activities”
4. Bacteriostatic Testing: Karen Davis (medical technologist and biochemist) researched for Outback Emuzing Ranch in British Columbia, Canada, 1995
5. Long Life Properties: Ms Chris Burke of Epicure Products Marketing from World Emu Conference Programme, 1996
6. Epithelialised Wounds: Dr G R Hobday from “Emu Oil – A Clinical Appraisal of This Natural and Long Used Product”
7. Hair Regrowth: A clinical study by Michael Holick, MD, PhD, Professor of Medicine, Physiology and Dermatology at Boston University School of Medicine
8. Skin Moisturizer: Study by Dr Alexander Zemtsov, Editor of Skin Research and Technology for Emu Today and Tomorrow, vol 5 No 1. By Nelson, Hyde and Ardell, 1996
Local Delivery Service Available!
For orders above SG$200, delivery will be free of charge.
For orders below SG$200, there will be a SG$20.00 delivery charge
Overseas order will be sent via post or courier service, please ask for quote.