Himalaya Haridra Turmeric
Haridra (Turmeric/Curcuma longa), a vital herb in Ayurvedic, has a host of medicinal benefits. It acts as a carminative and also enhances the complexion and skin tone. Apart from that, Haridra can be used to combat liver damage, respiratory disorders and ulcers.
Haridra's principal constituent, curcumin, has been extensively studied by Western researchers and scientists for its antioxidant activity.
Haridra contains a pale yellow to orange-yellow volatile oil (6%) composed of a number of monoterpenes and sesquiterpenes, including zingiberene, curcumeneandα- and β- turmerone.
The curcuminoid content contributes towards the antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and cytoprotective properties of Haridra.
- Lowering cholesterol: Haridra’s cholesterol-lowering actions include preventing intestinal cholesterol absorption, increasing the conversion of cholesterol into bile acids and increasing the excretion of bile acids, due to its choleretic properties.
- Hepatoprotective: The curcuminoids present in Haridra prevent the increase in the liver enzymes SGOT and SGPT which are elevated in the case of liver disease. This validates the use of Haridra as a hepatoprotective drug in liver disorders.
- Anti-ulcer: The herb decreases gastric acid secretion, increases the mucin content of gastric juices and exerts gastroprotective effects against stress-, alcohol- and drug-induced ulcer formation.
- Anti-inflammatory: Haridra acts as an anti-inflammatory herb in both acute and chronic inflammation. Haridra prevents the release of inflammatory mediators such as TNF-a. The volatile oil, curcumin and its derivatives, are the active anti-inflammatory constituents of the herb.
- Anti-allergic: The herb is extremely helpful in soothing allergic respiratory disorders like allergic rhinitis, allergic bronchitis and skin allergies.
- Natural detoxifier: Haridra is a natural blood detoxifier and anti-microbial which helps alleviate skin diseases and enhances the complexion.
- Neuroprotective: Haridra’s excellent antioxidant activity renders it a potent neuroprotective herb, helpful in the management of diseases such as Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.
- Cytoprotective: Haridra exhibits significant cytoprotective activity which helps to counteract hepatotoxic and nephrotoxic conditions.
- Antioxidant: Haridra’s ability to reduce oxidative stress makes it helpful in the management of conditions such as leukoplakia, diabetes mellitus, chronic eye disease and tissue injury.
- Anti-Microbial: keeps skin free from infections
- Allergic skin disorders
- Allergic respiratory disorders including allergic rhinitis and allergic bronchitis
Each capsule contains 400mg extract of Haridra
Adults: One capsule, twice a day or as directed by your physician
Packing Size: 60 capsules/bottle
About Himalaya Herbals
Himalaya Herbals is a range of 100% natural and safe products with rare herbs collected from the foothills of the Himalayas. Each product combines the best of Ayurveda with years of dedicated research. Batch to batch performance and complete purity and safety are assured through the application of advanced pharmaceutical technology at every stage of manufacture.
To order or to ask a question:
Nutrimax Organic Store, Singapore
390 Victoria St #02-30 Golden Landmark (Opp. Raffles Hospital) Singapore 188061 Tel: 6292 2991, 96580222 (Mobile)