Bitter-tasting herbs were once an important part of Native American, European and Chinese diets. Medicines made from bitter herbs, such as Swedish Bitters, are used as digestives and are beneficial for the intestinal tract.
Swedish Bitters is named after the 18th century Swedish physician Dr Samst and for its bitter taste. Today it is one of the world's most respected, traditionally-used health tonics.
When I first came across the original recipe for Swedish Bitters in an old German manuscript, I was so impressed that I decided to introduce it to an eager Australian market. Now, after two decades as Australia's leading herbal tonic, I am very proud to say that Swedish Bitters is the 'mother of all herbal tonics' and should be part of everybody's daily health routine. I have personally seen the effectiveness of my Swedish Bitters and have received countless testimonials from people who have discovered the benefits of this health-giving elixir.
Once you begin to use Swedish Bitters in your own household, you will soon discover just how versatile it is. It has been enjoyed by many cultures for hundreds of years and is "a must" for every medicine cabinet.
Take this bitter tonic to stimulate digestion, appetite, bile flow - and maintain healthy digestive function.
Aloe, senna and rhubarb in this product helps maintain regularity with their scientifically-proven laxative action.
Oral use: take 10 to 20 mL of Swedish Bitters in 100 mL of water/juice/herb tea 30 minutes before meals to relieve indigestion symptoms such as heartburn, abdominal discomfort and flatulence (ideal after a rich heavy meal).
Contains black cohosh, clincally-proven to relieve premenstrual discomfort and menopausal symptoms such as night sweats and mood swings (take 21 mL twice daily in 100 mL water/juice/herb tea) .
External use: soak a piece of gauze in undiluted Swedish Bitters for the healing/repair of skin and to relieve insect bites, swellings and inflamed joints (apply for 2-4 hours and cover with bandage).
Apply to forehead or back of head/neck for 15 minutes for the temporary relief of headaches.
Gargle: for the relief of a sore throat or toothache (add 60 mL Swedish Bitters to 250 mL of lukewarm water).
Each 20 mL dose contains tinctures equivalent to dried:
* Aloe (Aloe ferox) leaf inner juice 133.34 mg
* Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf 133.34 mg
* Rhubarb (Rheum officinale) root & rhizome 133.34 mg
* Myrrh* (Commiphora molmol) stem bark oleoresin 85.72 mg
* Zedoary* (Curcuma zedoaria) rhizome 152.38 mg
* Manna ash (Fraxinus ornus) stem bark oleoresin 133.34 mg
* Carline thistle (Carlina acaulis) root 66.66 mg
* Angelica* (Angelica archangelic) root and rhizome 152.38 mg
* Black cohosh* (Cimicifuga racemosa) root & rhizome 19.06 mg
* Valerian* (Valeriana officinalis) root & rhiz & stolon 19.06 mg
* Cinnamon* (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) stem bark inner 19.06mg
* Cardamom* (Elettaria cardamomum) fruit 19.06 mg
* Saffron (Crocus sativus) stigma & style 2.66 mg
non-active ingredient Camphor 133.34 mg
*these ingredients are also known as theriac.
Features / Benefits
* Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
* A multi-purpose product suitable for a wide range of applications.
* Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
* Liquid extracts are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.
* Doses can be adjusted accordingly.